Labels

Treat me a pizza ;)

Latest Posts:

The Risks of Being Single


 Photo source : http://www.gimmesomeoven.com

Whether one is single because of death, divorce, inevitable state or personal choice, he or she is in rapidly growing portion of our society. Some characteristics of the single life make it unique with advantages or disadvantages not experienced by couples.
Let's talk about the disadvantages this time.
For some singles, loneliness looms large. They experienced joys and sorrows but may not share them with anyone real close. Without an intimate companion or friend, singles have to bear sickness or discouragement alone. even relatives may not come to the rescue, unless there's a clear call for help.
Another disadvantage on the ledger of unmarried concerns the financial aspect. Single women, especially in midlife, recognize that unless they have and exceptional job, they won't earn the amount most working men do in comparable work levels.
Married women can lean on their husbands when ill health or job loss strikes, but singles have to provide for themselves and their financial security. It could be scary to look into the future with only a meager retirement pension to buffer between old age poverty and an adequate standard of living, if no family or relative is near to care for them.
I've came across some single women who thought, when they we're younger, could go it all alone. They had stable jobs and more than enough resources. However, when retirement and then illness came, they had to fend for themselves. In the end, when death became imminent, they're last days were left at the mercy of other people.
Sexuality is a part of every human being married or single. How should the latter handle the desire for sexual fulfillment and attraction to another?
The first answer to this question is the unswerving belief in God's word that immorality is sin, that sexual satisfaction outside the marriage bond is contrary to God's will. Sexual expression is to be brought under control and self-discipline.
It is easy to fantasize or give way to mental indiscretions and physical perversions such as homosexuality, masturbation and other immoral acts while dwelling on sexual needs and desires in the single state.
It would be well however, to understand that sexual expression, in a biblical sense, is not repression. Based on giving, loving feeling, it can be redirected by using that energy in productive and helpful ways. God didn't mean for this re-channeling to struggle and pain, especially to singles. But our lives can be extended to others in creative and useful service. Thus our personal involvement can be a means through which the loving nature in us which seeks expressions and satisfaction can find permanent release.

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Lloyd is the name , from Philippines. 22 years old single. Naniniwala ako sa kasabihang "Walang Forever".
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

19 comments:

  1. I have not been single for 20 years.. I would not even know what to do or where to start. I am hoping to never be single...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even imagine what it would be like to be single! I've been in a relationship for 8 years now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good for you. Best wishes on your relationship

      Delete
  3. being single in teenager life is freedom but when getting older a couple or partner is a must to take care for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You chose a very different topic to write on, I must admit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't imagine not being married to my husband it's been over 11 years. I am very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything has a risk - including the risk of being single - there are a good side to it but also has a risk - those are good points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with this :)
      However, the person that I am right now still don't see myself getting married. I really am enjoying all the stuff that I'm doing sans the complications of a married life.

      Delete
  7. I guess there are disadvantages of being single though there are also some advantages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Single women can be professionally successful and have personal fulfillment if they've decided not to marry. This is an interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all your comments, I appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guess it depends on the situation, close friends and other family that are around. I'm not, and wouldn't want to be, however there are a lot of benefits to being single.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's okay to be single for as long as one is happy. There are many risks of being in a relationship, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You talk like being single is a disease or something.. "risk".. There's risk in everything you do. I think it's a bit sexiest to say single woman wont make as much as a man. You surely can make more or just as much, it just depends on what you're doing. I know plenty of single woman make more than me, but it's all based on what they do. I find this blog post kinda offensive actually. I'm just gonna end it here, because I'm to annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I'm very sorry about this blog that have been offending to you, I would have been thinking of the title and it came up like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are many joys in being single. Sexuality that you talk about, aftel all, encompasses all our being, who we are. It is also the creative force in us. I take a lot of enjoyment in creating my blog. It might be lonely sometimes but I was lonelier when I was in a relationship. After all, it's better to be alone than in bad company.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am still single and I did not know that there are risks on being on this stage. I just really enjoy my moment now with taking care of my family and not planning on leaving singlehood yet. Thank you for your helpful post.

    ReplyDelete